Wednesday, July 20, 2011

#716 & 717 - Adventures of Lolo 3 & Mario Bros.


Games #716-717
Adventures of Lolo 3 & Mario Bros.
NintendoAge.com forum
7/20/11

Another nice deal from the NA forums landed me a couple of games that I've wanted to cross off the list for a good while. Mario Bros. is a port of the arcade original - I was first introduced to it as a bonus level in Super Mario Bros. 3. It's the second to last black box game left for me to collect - again I've gone cart-only for the remaining black boxes until I can find a better deal for a box later.

Adventures of Lolo 3 is the last licensed game I needed that starts with "A", so it's been mocking me for a while at the top of my collection list. The Lolo games are fun puzzlers - in fact I can remember renting Lolo 1 from the local rental shop when I was a kid and having a good time with it, even if I wasn't very good at it.

In fact, nostalgia is a big reason for my decision to collect Nintendo games in the first place (plus the fact that the games are fun to play), so I went on a mission during a recent visit to my parents' house. The Super Mario Bros. glass in the picture was rediscovered in the very far back of a cabinet in their kitchen. I have very distinct memories of using it on pizza nights (usually Fridays) growing up. I don't know where the glass came from originally, but it's going to sit amongst the rest of my collection from now on.

I'm awaiting another mail arrival in the coming days with some exciting additions for the game shelf. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment