Saturday, July 16, 2011

#715 - Conan: The Mysteries of Time


Game #715
Conan: The Mysteries of Time
Half.com
7/15/11

I've struck upon a mini-hot streak lately with a few purchases online. I've got a couple of games coming in the mail next week, but in the meantime I can show off my latest addition; a boxed copy of Conan: The Mysteries of Time. It's a pretty cool that the box was included - apparently it isn't very common and it's got a Molly Hatchet album cover look to it. Once again, apologies for the crummy cell phone pictures - I'm in the market for a new one.

About 75 of the games in my collection are boxed. I don't seek out boxed games, but if I happen across one that includes the box and the cost is in line with what a cart-only copy would go for, then I'll pick up the cardboard, too. The only exception is the black box series - these are the original 30 Nintendo-published games that were released for the system. Games like Super Mario Bros., Donkey Kong, Excitebike and Duck Hunt all had a unifying box style of a black border around a scene or sprite from the game. They look good lined up all next to one another and I've sought out these games in complete condition. The last few I needed to complete the boxed set are a bit out of my price range, so I've gone cart-only with the hopes of stumbling across a cheap box down the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment