Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Quick Introduction

Well here it is, another dork cluttering up the web with some self-serving, ultimately unnecessary blog about some personal subject that really nobody else should care about. Thanks for visiting, it’s going to be fun!

A quick introduction…I’m 28 years old living in Houston with my wife, my cat and nearly 700 original Nintendo Entertainment System games. I’ve had a Nintendo since I was about 6 years old; in fact I still have my original deck and my original copy of Super Mario Bros. that should have worn out and stopped working by now. I’ve played video games on and off over the years and I’ve (regrettably) tossed out pieces of nostalgia I wish I could get back (I vividly recall an incident involving a basket full of original Transformer toys, a garage sale and $20) but I always made sure to hang on to the Nintendo.

A couple of years ago I was looking online and found a great site – www.nintendoage.com – that included a forum of fellow Nintendo fanatics and even better, a list of every game available for the system complete with a tool function to check them off as you added them to your stash. The idea to go for them all (768 in total) was rattling around in my head for a while when I found a lot of about 20 games at a pawn shop. My offer to the shop owner of $20 for them all was accepted and my collecting hobby was born.

Since then I’ve purchased and traded my way up from that 20 game start – right now my count is 691 cartridges from that NA list. For me, the fun in this hobby is the hunt and finding a great deal – it’s no fun to just go on eBay and pay whatever ridiculous amount someone else thinks the game should cost. The subsequent posts to this blog will be my countdown of the final 77 games I need for my collection, plus some of my best collecting stories.

I hope you enjoy the blog and I hope that I don’t lose interest and abandon it after a few posts. Zing!


No comments:

Post a Comment