Tuesday, June 12, 2012

#743 - Bonk's Adventure


Game #743
Bonk's Adventure
NA
6/12/12

It was nice to find a response to my 'want to buy' thread on NintendoAge from yet ANOTHER Canadian (jeez, how many of them are out there?) with an offer to purchase a very nice condition Bonk's Adventure cart.  Dude gave me a very fair deal and even shipped the custom hard case along with the game.

I really like this case.  It's a universal game case with a couple of notches cut out to fit NES carts and a nicely printed custom label.  These look really neat, especially all together on a shelf - if it wouldn't cost literally hundreds of dollars and take up WAY too much space, I would consider housing all of my NES carts in such awesome plastic.


Bonk's Adventure is, of course, a port of the TurboGrafx-16 game.  In fact, Bonk was a mascot of the TG-16, so it's still a little strange to see the character on a Nintendo cartridge.  I guess nowadays that's not so big a deal, what with Sonic and Mario playing at the Olympics together every couple of years.

Now the collection stands at 743 NES games, 673 of them are officially licensed.  There are a total of 677 licensed carts - which means I have only 4 left to find.  It's exciting to be this close to finishing up the licensed set, but looking ahead at the price tags and lack of availability on what's left is certainly daunting.  Hopefully with a little patience and a lot of luck, I'll be able to mow down at least 3 of them this year.  In the interim I'll be adding more varied content to this blog - starting with a new link on the right side of the page.  Enjoy "Game Over" another collector blog from a fellow NA member.

1 comment:

  1. Bonk's Adventure was a great port of the TG16 game. I think they did cut a little bit of stuff out, but it was still one hell of a game, so if you'd never played the Turbo Graphx, you weren't missing TOO much with this game. Hudson Soft was always personally one of my favorite developers, and it makes me really sad now that they're pretty much gone (owned and absorbed by Konami). Adventure Island II is still one of my fav. games of all time.

    ReplyDelete