Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Bit of a Dry Spell...


Well, there hasn't been much luck finding games lately despite a few trips to some game stores and flea markets. I was able to spend some time today at Trader's Village, a very large flea market on the west side of town. Although I didn't pick up any new NES games for the collection I did snag some Sega Master System games for a buck each, a new Genesis for $5 (replacing my current one that has a warped AC adaptor plug) and the little guys pictured above.

I distinctly remember going to McDonald's as a kid and getting Super Mario Bros. 3 Happy Meals. The little toys included the Luigi and Goomba shown here, as well as a raccoon Mario and a flying turtle. It's fun to find little bits of Nintendo memorabilia such as these, and at $2 a piece they were an instant buy. The vendor also had the Mario toy, but it was broken. The DVD's were $3 each, by the way. Guess which one is for the wife...

Summer is just around the corner, hopefully there will be some excellent garage/yard sales and a bit more productivity in my flea market runs. Until next time...!

No comments:

Post a Comment