Saturday, April 14, 2012

#738 & 739 - Bandit Zombies of Ancient Nation

#738 & 739
Bandit Kings of Ancient China, Zombie Nation
eBay
4/9-10/12

Two more tough to find titles crossed off the list, thanks to a couple of nice eBay scores. I've mentioned eBay SO much in the past, but this time the site served me well. Bandit Kings of Ancient China has been steadily climbing and current Buy It Now prices hover around $50 when a year and half ago it was about half that. I happened to catch this one a short while after it was listed at a nice $20 price. When it arrived in the mail I tried to play it for about 10 minutes...I really have no idea what's going on.

Zombie Nation has been pricey, but has remained steady at about $60-80. I found an auction with a low starting bid and lucked out that it ended at only $53 - which I feel very happy with. Like Bandit Kings, I played this one for about 10 minutes after it arrived in the mail. And, like Bandit Kings, I have no idea what's going on - but damn if it wasn't entertaining (unlike Bandit Kings)! You're a disembodied head floating around shooting buildings and tanks and rescuing (eating?) people that fall out of windows. I'd like to quote the opening screen that sets up the story (as archived on NA):

"1999. What appeared to be a harmless meteorite crashing in the Nevada desert had turned out to be Darc Seed, and evil alien creature with dark powers. By shooting strange magnetic rays, Darc Seed has turned the helpless nation into zombies and had brought the Statue of Liberty to life to do his dirty work. These rays had also given him control over many deadly weapons, but none more powerful than the legendary samuari sword, Shura. When the great head of the samuari, Kamakubi, heard that the sword had fallen into evil hands, he set off immediately to the United States. For only he possessed the strength and knowledge needed to recapture the magical sword and free the U.S. from the evil clutches of Darc Seed."

This kind of shit is why I love Nintendo.

Anyway, you'll notice a slight tear on the label, which I didn't mind at all and likely contributed to the discount I received on it. I've got mostly good condition carts, but every now and then I pick up one with a tear, a sticker, a scratch or some discoloring. Normally I pass on the really bad ones, but about a year and a half ago when I saw THIS one...I just couldn't resist.


I just noticed that we're coming up on the 1 year anniversary of Little Gray Squares! I'll post again in the next couple of days to commemorate this non-event with something a little special.

No comments:

Post a Comment